19 Best Investment Opportunities for Entrepreneurs in Nigeria
Most times when we talk of investing, we talk of ways in which one can earn passive income or ways in which one can earn by contributing little or no efforts. There are various ways and channels through which entrepreneurs can invest in Nigeria. This article will take you through some of them.
- Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Bonds: the federal government of Nigeria gives opportunity to investors from all over the country to invest in its bonds and earn interest. With a minimum of 5,000 naira and maximum of 50,000,000 naira, investors can invest in the federal government bond and earn interest rates of up to 13 percent depending on the time frame. Investment time frames range from 2years to 20 years. Investing in the FGN is a safe and legit investment as the bond doesn’t crash, neither does the Nigerian government.
- 2. Livestock farming: livestock farming is one of the fields hidden to a whole lot of entrepreneurs, with the current “ban on frozen fish and meat” bill being passed by the national assembly, there is a need to invest in livestock farming. If the bill finally becomes assented, farmers who are involved in livestock farming especially catfish and poultry will begin to smile to the bank. If you are thinking of a viable investment, you can seize the opportunity now.
- Crypto currency: crypto currency is studied to be one of the riskiest investment or trade, but it definitely pays if you have the know-how. By trading crypto currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, you could be earning much more than you bargained for. However, you must have a good knowledge of block chain before investing in crypto currency.
- 4. Agriculture: is one of the major sectors you could invest in. Agriculture birthed many of the millionaires in Nigeria, so investing in it can make you one of them. Furthermore, considering that there are lots of rural areas in Nigeria, agriculture will never die, not anytime from now.
- Gold: gold never loses its value, it retains it instead. This is why many people invest their money in gold and store them for duration of four to ten years, depending. The amazing truth about gold is that, it never loses its value, rather with time, it gets more expensive. So you could be looking at a huge investment if you have the money.
- Real estate: real estate ranges from acquiring lands to houses; acquiring properties. The issue with real estate however is that you might want to be concerned about the locations. For instance, acquiring properties and reselling in big cities like Abuja, Lagos is easier and profitable compared to cities like Osun or Ogun.
- Oil and Gas industry: Nigeria is a blessed country, when it comes to natural resources, we have them in abundance. Bitumen, coal, iron, ore…just keep mentioning them. So investing in this sector will not only yield you more income but also boost the country’s economy.
- Rice farming: rice is one of the most consumed foods in Nigeria. An average Nigerian eats rice after garri more than any other meal. Billions of naira goes into the importation of foreign rice yearly, this is why there is a need for Nigerians to invest in rice farming.
- Pure water Production: pure water or sachet water is another aspect you could invest into. One in three Nigeria consumes pure water daily, so if you are thinking of investing in its continued production, you aren’t wrong.
Read Also: Pure Water Business Plan In Nigeria
10. Haulage service: the cost of moving things from one area to another in Nigeria is high and this owes largely to a poor rail transport system in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Most goods have to be transported on roads making it a profitable market for haulage investors.
11. Hotel: one of the most rampant and profit generating investments in Nigeria is hotel business. There are people who are so much into tourism and would need a place to stay, hotels accommodate them. Apart from tourism, Nigerians love to jolly and flex, if you invest in this sector, you will realize that even without tourist accommodation, the business itself will flourish.
12. Importation of motor parts: much more than buying exotic cars, there is a big market for used car parts in Nigeria, so investing in that business would earn you cool cash. If you have relatives in the USA or Germany, you could convince them to ship in motor car parts.
13. Transport: transportation is a very crucial part of the economy, but it is so disheartening that our transports systems are managed by thugs and louts, you could employ good managerial skills in investing in this sector and be sure to make huge profits.
14. Schools: establishment of schools especially nursery and primary schools is one of the common businesses in Nigeria. It is difficult not to find at least a school in a long street, this is because people are taking turns to invest in education. You also can start investing in education, you’ll sure make good profit(because everyday births a higher rise in the demand for education).
15. Exportation of raw materials: counting our blessings in this country will be uncountable. We are so blessed with raw materials and natural resources. You could start your investment by exporting raw materials from Nigeria to other countries that might be in need.
16. Fashion: Nigerians are fashion freaks as a matter of fact, they stand at the top of the continent when it comes to fashion, investing in fashion thus could yield you more income and also make you relevant.
17. Entertainment : Nigeria stands in number three in the world, just after Hollywood and Bollywood when it comes to entertainment. There are new stories written every day and new movies produced. You could invest in entertainment by volunteering to produce or co-produce a movie, trust me, this will fetch you lots of cool cash.
18. Invest in technology: you do not have to be a tech guru before you can invest in technology, all you need is to look for a company with good goals and invest, this will yield you much profit in the meantime.
19. Telecommunication: this is also an aspect where your investment could fetch you a lot of cool cash. Investing in telecoms is highly profitable and it can sometimes yield immediate cash.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021