Best 2020 Technologies For School Owners
There is no denial that education in the coming decades will be different from what we see now, even in developing countries. Today, technology has greatly impacted all aspects of our society, including our day to day living. The contributions of technology to our society cannot be neglected. We have seen various forms of computers applications developed, even for school owners, to foster learning. And when many years back Thomas Edison said, “books are soon going to be obsolete in schools, scholars will be instructed through the eye” he might well have seen through the future in which we now live in, as technology has brought a complete turnaround to schooling and education in general. Meanwhile, what we see today will still be nothing but a story in years to come. As a school owner, there are some technologies which are important for you to know about and leverage on, you will learn about them in this article.
- Data analytics: data analytics helps to gather students’ data from various aspects like registration, class registers and so on. Data analytics in school is a forward thinking concept. Data analytics helps to paint a picture of students’ background, their health issues, learning history and so on that could affect their learning. With data analytics, you get the chance to create a map which measures the progress of each of your students.
- Virtual classroom: virtual classroom bridges the gap between students and teachers irrespective of their geographical locations. It helps connect them to resources that can be obtained even without physical appearance. With virtual classroom technology, students have the privilege to meet with teachers from different countries around the globe and learn new cultures and languages virtually. Students can attend lectures from anywhere around the world without leaving their homes. With virtual classroom technology, it is not unusual that students might prefer to attend a virtual class to a physical class, and it is not a mirage that even students in rural areas will have access to world class education with the growing trend of virtual classroom.
- Automated schools: since there is now more learning online compared to offline, there have not been a better time for automated schools, towards which there are technologies already put in place to make it effective. “Many schools already rely on online assessments that are flexible, interactive, and efficient to deliver. Automation will continue to alter schools as more smart tools get incorporated, including face recognition technology to take attendance, autonomous data analysis to inform learning decisions so teachers don’t need to analyze data as well as help automate administrative tasks. When a student interacts with online technology, they leave a digital footprint that informs learning analytics. But automation will also help control building costs by automatically controlling lighting and heating/cooling systems and to help keep students safe with automated school security systems”
Read Also: Schooling is For A Season
- Gamification and learning apps: many industries employ gamification in the better management of their people. With app based learning, students can surf the internet for helpful and contributing materials to aid their learning. They can access resources anytime, this aids their continuous education. Gamification creates challenges for students at all levels in order to help them get better. It offers innovations and incentives that make students to have fun, engagement and interaction while learning. This technology is mostly suitable for students who have difficulty in learning or those who suffer from low attention and or those who require constant innovation in learning.
- Internet Of Things: it is a priceless technology, although not as popular as AI and virtual learning. With IOT, students can successfully work in collaboration and make something new. Students can brainstorm and solve difficult problems notwithstanding if they are at different locations. Students can solve assignments together, interact together all from the comfort of their homes. IOT can help school owners by creating awareness in students and making them have access to global educational. Teachers can use IOT as substitution for some tasks which require human concentration thereby helping teachers concentrate more on student’s development.
- Immersive education: with various technologies put in place to see that learning becomes a success this is what Benard Marr has to say “Extended reality encompassing virtual, augmented, and mixed reality brings immersive learning experiences to students no matter where they are. A lesson about ancient Egypt can literally come alive when a student puts on a VR headset and walks around a digital version of the time period. Students can experience hard-to-conceptualize current-day topics through extended reality, such as walking among camps of Syrian refugees. This technology enables learning by doing. Students are used to using voice interfaces at home when asking Alexa to define a word when doing homework, but this technology can also support learning and improve education in other ways. Chatbots can deliver lectures via conversational messages and engage students in learning with a communication tool they have become quite comfortable with, such as what CourseQ offers. Ultimately, if chatbots can make the learning process more engaging for students and reduce the workload on human educators, their use in education will continue to grow.”
- Security: since many school owners make provisions for online classes, there is need to keep students secured, nonetheless, parents are getting bothered but with technologies like Securely, schools can now put measures in place that will enhance proper learning and thorough concentration of students. Blockchain and two factor authentication can also help in digital credentialing
- Artificial Intelligence: just as it is available in every other sector, artificial Intelligence is also made available to school owners to foster education. Artificial Intelligence is a promising field that teaches students the art of innovation. Artificial Intelligence inculcates entrepreneurial and vocational skills, academic and project based learning in students. With AI, teacher could become less stressed as AI bots can help in performing basic tasks like grading and the likes, thus giving teachers the chance to focus more on more productive aspect of impacting knowledge in the students. With the help of AI, software are used to study activities and performances of students. In this case, instead of mugging, there is personalization and increased productivity.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to email@example.com and we will solve any of your business problem.