Best Online Platforms for Global Selling of Products and Services
The world is a global place, and so are the people living in it. Business is about making sales, and with that in mind, entrepreneurs look for various opportunities to make tremendous sales. Some prefer to sell online while some prefer to sell offline, but like we mentioned earlier that the world is a global village and one of the best ways to follow the trend and take your sales to a global dimension is to take your products and services online.
You can make a lot of tremendous sales by selling online using some platforms which have been created just for people like you to be able to sell and market your products online. These platforms are very cheap, easy to use and a number of them are even free. If you are thinking of making your product reach a global audience while you stay in your pajamas, then you should consider selling on online platforms. There are a number of online platforms where you can market and make great sales. We have compiled some of the best for you. Explore!
- Amazon: number one on our list is Amazon. With millions of people making use of amazon all around the world, what better place is there to sell your product? Amazon offers the best online service you can ever find anywhere. Amazon has multiples sites in various countries around the world with its products sold in up to 30 categories. It also offers shipping services to any location around the world. You can make tremendous sales by selling on Amazon. All that is required of you is a basic knowledge of the internet, set up your Amazon account and start marketing your product. If you properly utilize the power of Amazon, you can earn yourself the “bestseller” title and gain popularity world over. Amazon in making customer experience beautiful for its users, also puts in place ad tools. In order to reach a wider audience on Amazon, you can run Amazon adverts. Amazon ad is regarded as one of the most effective means to sell very well on Amazon.
The pitfall of amazon however is that for every sale you make, there is a particular percentage going to Amazon. It’s usually 30 percent. This is actually no big deal as the money is also meant to keep the company running. Besides, you still get the highest percentage of 70 percent.
- E-bay: this is next to Amazon. There are about 180 million users of eBay around the globe and it looks like it perfectly suits the sales strategy of most entrepreneurs. EBay is a platform opened to users all over the world and it helps you to sell by reaching out to people on the site. There is no limitation to what you can sell on eBay. You can sell books, clothes, furniture and the likes. And if you are worried about shipping, eBay provides shipping services to their customers, terms and conditions apply, however. Like amazon, eBay also gets a particular percentage from every sale you make.
- Facebook: Facebook is a social medium, there is no disputing that, but many don’t know that they can also sell on Facebook. In fact, social media as a whole is like any other “e-commerce” website, the only difference is the social interaction that is involved on social media. There are over 2 billion Facebook users in the world and the number still keeps increasing every day. Imagine how much sales you will make if you are able to get your product or service across to even 5 percent of Facebook population.
Unlike many e-commerce website, facebook does not require membership fee or any form of fee unless you want to run an advert which might cost you a token. There are various ways with which you can sell your product on Facebook. You could use the news feed, you could make use of the usual Facebook post, you could update your story and you could even run an advert. While running an advert however, be careful of making mistakes because you don’t want to lose your money in the process of making sales.
- Alibaba: Alibaba is an online e-commerce platform that operates in several countries across the globe. Alibaba operates in over 190 countries and they offer one of the best e-commerce experiences you can ever get. Alibaba gives you the chance to market your product or your service on their platform and help you reach a large audience. There is also a platform on Alibaba where you can learn the basic tools on the site and how to use them. However, to get the best out of Alibaba, you might need to pay an annual membership fee.
- Shopify: ever heard of Shopify? In case you haven’t, it is an e-commerce site that helps you to put your product up for sale. Shopify offers series of amazing tools that helps to give users the best experience. By using Shopify, you can just sit down at home in your pajamas and enjoy a delicious delicacy while at the same time making cool cash.
- Etsy: Etsy is an ecommerce website with over 30 million users around the globe. Etsy provides an avenue for users to sell their product on the site. The site makes up to 3billion dollars in sales. One amazing thing about Etsy is that, by signing up on the site, you can build and customize your own e-commerce website.
READ ALSO: HOW TO SELL ON AMAZON
- Zibbet: if you deal in arts or anything related to arts, then Zibbet is for you. You can sell your product to millions of people around the globe on Zibbet. The most common items that are sold on Zibbet include photography, frame, arts etc.
- Fruggo: by taking advantage of just this one e-commerce site, you can start selling in over 32 countries, 17 languages and about 21 currencies. All credit to Fruggo. The site gives you the opportunity to reach out to millions of people around the globe, it also makes Translation tools available for users in case they came across a customer whose language they don’t understand.
There several other platforms to sell, but the ones in this post are one of the best. To make use of any of the site, you just have to decide within you first and know which one serves your business purposes.
Hope you enjoy this article?
Share your thoughts in the comment session.
Contact us today for your business consultancy and business advisory services. We can help you fine tune your idea, structure your business, market your business, train your staff, consult on your retirement plan, coach you for financial success. We also write business plan and help with fund raising strategies and Grant applications. We can help you start, grow and expand your business.
Call or WhatsApp us now on 081 0563 6015, 080 7635 9735, 08113205312 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve any of your business problem.
- Katumu Adasi: How to survive in Nigeria without a job - February 11, 2021
- Top 5 business and services with the highest demands in Nigeria - January 4, 2021
- How to Become a Millionaire doing Rice Farming in Nigeria - January 4, 2021